Saturday, April 7, 2012

Book Thoughts: Pegasus by Robin McKinley

Nope. Got to ebook page 103 and had to quit. What drove me crazy here was the interruptions in a conversation or thought. A conversation would start and then tangent off into this long back-history of a person, place or thing. By the time you got back to the conversation you forgot what was being said or what was supposed to happen in the present.

There was too much back-history explained in the first 100 pages. It would have been much better to have two books. One book that takes place in the past setting up the world and getting to know the historically significant characters. In fact the origination of this society would have made a great book in my opinion and a lot more exciting than the present.

The cover is awesome, but it is not included in the ebook. That really annoys me. I pay for it, give it to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment